Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Mario RPGs Analyses Collection






Okay so, I’ve been in a pretty big Mario RPG mood recently. Why is that? Well, you see, this past year, I’ve been replaying every game in the Mario RPG series. First in Fall on 2012, I decided to replay Super Paper Mario (though it’s technically not an RPG). I ended up never beating it to my dismay, so I may attempt to later or replay the whole thing, but for now I think I got enough of it to enjoy it for what it is. After this replay Paper Mario: Sticker Star released, and I ended up buying it (digitally, which I now regret) and playing it completely. After that I went on to replay Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and Paper Mario, in that order. And then, as the release of the newest Mario RPG neared, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, I thought to replay all of those titles as well, so I went ahead and replayed Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, and Mario and Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story, before tackling the newest one. And once I had played through all of those, I moved on to the very last one, which is also the first Mario RPG; Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. And now that I've finished, because I’ve been playing these Mario RPGs so much, I well, I’m in the mood to rant. So let’s rant, well, I’ll rant and you can read if you want, but for the next few weeks or so, I will be doing a series of random essays on the Mario RPGs. I will put links to all of them here in case you want a neat way to see them all:

Paper Mario: The Personality of Shy Guys

Paper Mario: The Toy Box of Chapter 4

Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door: The Town of Rougeport

Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door: The Three Act Story

Mario + RPG = ?

Characters: The Old vs. The New

Bowser's Inside Story: Understanding the Villain

Image Source: http://funkychinaman.deviantart.com/art/Super-Mario-RPG-Concept-290364019

No comments:

Post a Comment